Wednesday 4 March 2015

Decedents of Royal family of Datia(in brief),MP

Decedents of Datiya State(MP):

Father of Late Shri Kishan Singh of Royal Family of Datiya was married with the princes of Raja Balrampur,UP and he also had one more inter-cast/inter-religion wife. The queen left the Datiya as the king had 2nd wife and migrated to Khursaidbag Kothi of Lucknow with his all four sons. Her daughter was married with the Yuvraj of royal state of Jambugoda,Gujrat. However the eldest son(Shri Kishan Singh) was staying  mostly in Datiya being the Yuvaraj. I know all this as this royal family members were frequently coming in my childhood, to our house in Sondhi Tola ,Lucknow regarding sale purchase of jewelry etc.and my father was assisting in these deals as he was basically SARRAF.( My father died in January 1966.).In November 2014 I visited Datia first time on my way to Jabalpur by car as I wanted to recall my memories and wanted to meet Shri Kishan Singh ji Maharaj but I could not meet as he expired few moths before which I came to know from his eldest son (in the picture below).
The palace in which the family of Late Shri Kishan Singh Ji living in Datita city is as under

    The eldest son of late shri Kishan Singh .
We met Shri Ram Singh Ji when we were in teen age, years before.




And the family of the step mother of late Shri Kishan Singh Ji is living in another palace in outer Datiya  is as under


The beauty of the both the two streams of the royal families is that they never criticize each others publicly inspite of having no family relationship.

3 comments:

  1. I was in Datia dist.MP.And chance to live in the fort of king of Datia -- Late kishan Singh ji and his wife also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in Datia long ago in yr 1959,during the period of late Kishan just Maharaja.My Nanaji, late Shri NPSaxena and Mama Shri AlokSaxena were having relatiins with this royal family and were in Datia fort also so I had also a chance to live in that fort. My Nanaji was a magistrate at that time

    ReplyDelete