Monday 16 March 2015

Baigad Nala, District Anoop Pur,MP

My visit to Amarkantak & its surroundings from March 11th to March 14th 2015:

This time my purpose to visit Amarkantak was to see the historical monuments as well as to do survey of the educational standard of the children of remote area in its surrounding. I start my trip in the dark and find out my way on reaching the beginning point of my destination in case the tentative plan is disturbed by one reason or the other. The same happened this time also.
On reaching Amarkantak I talked with the manager of Mratunjaay Ashram Mr.Yogesh Dubey. He was so impressed with my thought that he has accommodated me  with the  employee of the Ashram without any charges/payment. Two Professors of Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Dr.Udai Singh Rajput and Dr.Jena Behra came Ashram to meet me and told me that tomorrow they would take me to their place. Meanwhile two students  Mr. Amit Tiwari (President of ABVP) and Mr.Kokesh Sahu( Secretary ABVP)of the University also came and Dr. Rajput introduced me with them. Both of them did hello with lots of respect and I did sheikh hand friendly and they became my best friends in few hours .I came in touch with one of the tribal student of Archeology doing B.A.,in from the IGANTU . I thought he must be the right person for me. I presented my objective of my visit then he told me that a historical temple in deserted form is at  BAIGAD NALA  in Dharhar( District Anoopur) on Amarkantak Shaidol  road. He took me on motor bike ( taken from Dr.Rajput) from Amarkantak-Podki village,Mejary,Jonedhoti, and then reached Dharhar from where taken left turn for BAIGAD  NALA . It is about 30 km from Amarkantak.
At BAIGAD NALA  there is a rainy river which mostly flows in the rainy season and at its surroundings there is a dilapidated small temple of Shiva, one KUND and a pond. The temple appears of Kaltury peiod of 11th Century AD. This monument is not in the notice of Archeological Survey of India.
                                                                    (Shiva temple)

                                                            ( Kund at Baugad Nala)

                                                             (   Pond at Baigad Nala  )

There is another temple of Lord Ganesha at the bottom of Shiva Temple which appears few years old but the idol is quite old.
                                                ( Ganesh temple at baigad Nala )


The ASI should visit this place and take care of this monument.

Vijay Nath Sondhi
15.03.2015

1 comment:

  1. Vijay Nathi Ji I Am N.K.Sondhi live in Rohini. I wish to meet you My contact no. is 9811059474 , Pl, provide your phone number., I have sen you friend request of Facebook also.

    ReplyDelete