Thursday 1 March 2012

Parushram Kund and Parushram Dham-Jabalpur


Parushram Kund and Parushram Dham:
 Parushram Dham the Birth Place of Rishi Parushram the son of Rishi Bhrigu is about three kilometer from Matamar ordinance factory,Ranjhi village, Jabalpur,MP. It is a remote area. It is a strange that very few people are aware about  this holy place of Hindu mythology. The passage of three kilometer from the high way of Matamar to this place is in bad condition. I reached Parushram Kund by auto rickshaw.
It is a beautiful place, lovely valley surrounded by hills. Continuous flow of the waterfalls into the Kund is enhancing the beauty of this Kund. I could not go to Parushram Dham as it was already evening and
I had to walk about a kilometer to reach the hill and then the tracking on hill could also take more than an hour.  I heard the stories that the PAD CHINHA of the Parushram could be seen on this hill. More surprising thing for me was that very few people of Jabalpur are aware of this place. The fifty years old auto Rickshaw driver born in Jabalpur, who took me there, went with me first time .Department of Tourism should give attention to earn revenue for religious pilgrims as well as tourists.
V.N.sondhi
10.11.2011

I am very happy note that the people are now having awareness about this place. In 2012 I had a chance to stay one night in Parushram Dham when the building of staire case was started and one of among labour was  my friend by profession mansion (Mistry ) asked me to stay in night and g next day. I stayed on one condition that food would be cooked by me only. It was the day which I could not imagine in dream. For me it was an adventurous picnic.
This time on 2nd may,2014 the Matamar Society is is organising Puja. It worth to visit this place for all section of the people whether you are religious, Scenery/Nature lover and to enjoy picnic .
21.04.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment